About Me

My photo
I am retired and like to travel by motor home across the United States and Canada. In the winter I hope to spend more time with my WIN (Wandering Individual Network) friends in the California and Arizona desert. I know my trip reports are having too many details, but I am writing them for myself, if anybody else enjoys them, that is fine too.

Sunday, May 3, 2009

Carlsbad Village Fair

5-3-09
Our little village had its annual „Carlsbad Village Fair“.
Our city fathers claim that it is the largest one day fair in the world. It is large. Grant Street is closed and so are some side streets, to make room for 900 vendors.
The merchants on those streets have an advantage, they can stay open. The other stores in the village suffer.
Traffic and parking are a big headache. We drove to a shopping center near our home and took a free shuttle bus to the village.
Since we had a Marine Layer (no sun) over Carlsbad, it was just the right temperature for walking.
My sole purchase was a bag of kettle pop corn. Doreen bought a lawn ornament for somebody.



No comments: