About Me

My photo
I am retired and like to travel by motor home across the United States and Canada. In the winter I hope to spend more time with my WIN (Wandering Individual Network) friends in the California and Arizona desert. I know my trip reports are having too many details, but I am writing them for myself, if anybody else enjoys them, that is fine too.

Friday, January 15, 2010

Agua Caliente County Park 2010

1-11-10
We are with the Convair Camping Club at the Agua Caliente County Park, which is located in the Anza Borrego State Park.
Our coal is to soak up some sunshine and enjoy the natural warm water in the pools. So far we enjoyed only the food everybody brought.
Most of us arrived at about 2:00 PM and at 4:30 PM we had Happy Hour with a lot of finger foods.
After that we sat around the camp fire.
During the day the temperature was in the mid seventies. As soon as the sun disappears it gets colder.

1-12-10
Another beautiful desert day. When we look out of the front window, in the morning, the early sun shines on the mountains across the valley.











After breakfast Doreen went on a hike with the group, while Chappy and I installed two vent covers on his motorhome.
Later on I went to the pools. The water in the new outside swimming pool was a bit cold, but the old outside pool had warm water. I went in the water in the inside pool, there the water is hot.













At 4:00 PM we had Happy Hour and the monthly meeting, and at 5:00 PM dinner in the club house room.
After dinner Chappy and Dottie showed a 40 minutes tape of the "Mule Days in Bishop".


















1-13-10
Today the wind came up at times. It was still a good day. Chappy and I went to Borrego Springs to have lunch with Ron Carlson.
The regular Snowbirds at Pegleg Smith are there, but we had no time to pay them a visit.
When we came back to the campground I went again swimming.
We had Happy Hour and dinner in the Clubhouse room. As soon as the sun disappeared the temperature dropped, and it was cold.
It was time to say goodby to our friends. Tomorrow morning we all go in different directions.

No comments: