About Me

My photo
I am retired and like to travel by motor home across the United States and Canada. In the winter I hope to spend more time with my WIN (Wandering Individual Network) friends in the California and Arizona desert. I know my trip reports are having too many details, but I am writing them for myself, if anybody else enjoys them, that is fine too.

Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Valentine 2009

2-14-09
Today was Valentine’s Day. At 7:00 AM I was at the clubhouse helping setting up for breakfast.
The legend has it that the men, at Camino Hills, bragged that they could cook a better breakfast than the women. To prove it they cooked a breakfast on a Saturday. It was a large success.
Since then the men are doing breakfast once a month. When we are in town, I am one of the helpers.
This morning the tables were set up already with red table cloths and red decorations. It looked really pretty.
Kathy had started last night to decorate.












At 8:00 AM, when the hungry troops arrived, the women were handed a little heart shaped box of chocolate, and everybody received a glass of champagne, or champagne mixed with orange juice.











Breakfast consists of a choice of eggs, sausages, bacon, potatoes, toast, French toast and pancakes, and orange and tomato juice, and coffee, and a bowl of fresh fruit.




Nobody leaves the clubhouse hungry.











Today, one of the husbands had hired a barber shop quartet to come to breakfast and serenade his wife.

No comments: