About Me

My photo
I am retired and like to travel by motor home across the United States and Canada. In the winter I hope to spend more time with my WIN (Wandering Individual Network) friends in the California and Arizona desert. I know my trip reports are having too many details, but I am writing them for myself, if anybody else enjoys them, that is fine too.

Friday, December 18, 2009

Convair Engineering Liaison Christmas Party

12-17-09
We went to Old Town in San Diego. First we had a nice late lunch at Berta’s Latin American Restaurant.
The food is different than Mexican food. I think Berta comes from Peru. We love her meals.











After the lunch we felt strong and did some walking. Old Town is a State Park. The person who had the concession for running the stores lost her lease, and the new operators, a large Eastern outfit, ran the place down.
They finally gave up and a new local company took over. It is fun again to go to Old Town. The stores are stocked with different wares, and the restaurants are more like old Mexican restaurants.
The whole atmosphere is again Old California, when this part of the country was part of Mexico.


















At 3:30 PM we went to the Rocking Baja Lobster restaurant ( The old Carlos Murphy) where the Convair
Engineering Liaison Group had their Christmas party.
It is always fun to see those old guys.





No comments: