About Me

My photo
I am retired and like to travel by motor home across the United States and Canada. In the winter I hope to spend more time with my WIN (Wandering Individual Network) friends in the California and Arizona desert. I know my trip reports are having too many details, but I am writing them for myself, if anybody else enjoys them, that is fine too.

Sunday, September 5, 2010

Labor Day 2010

9-4-10
We went for lunch to San Juan Capistrano. Going sightseeing was impossible.
The whole town was filled with tourists, so we stopped at Camp Pendleton and visited Red Beach.
Red Beach is open this long weekend, but we did not take the motorhome there.
We are leaving Thursday for our nine week trip and the motorhome is all set for it.
We met one couple we know, friends of Arlene and Howard from the Convair Camping Club.
At the South Beach we were looking for people from the Shanty Shakers Camping Club.
I did not cover the whole area and saw nobody I knew. On the drive out we saw a car coming in and
recognized a couple from the Shanty Shakers. I stopped and we talked for a while.
There are five rigs from the club. We were too tired to go back to the South Beach .
There was sun in Carlsbad and in San Juan Capistrano, but Red Beach had fog.
There were not many happy campers.

9-5-10
Today we saw the Imax movie: “Ultimate Wave Tahiti” at the Reuben H. Fleet Science Center, in Balboa Park.
We also walked around the park where street entertainers keep the visitors happy.



















After the movie we attended the organ concert at the Spreckels Organ Pavilion.




No comments: