About Me

My photo
I am retired and like to travel by motor home across the United States and Canada. In the winter I hope to spend more time with my WIN (Wandering Individual Network) friends in the California and Arizona desert. I know my trip reports are having too many details, but I am writing them for myself, if anybody else enjoys them, that is fine too.

Saturday, January 1, 2011

Happy New Year 2011

1-1-2011
Doreen and I wish a Happy New Year to all of our friends.
Last year was a good year. We were healthy (I was until November) and I recovered financially from the last stock crash.
Last February and March I bought a lot of stocks of Caterpillar, Illinois Toolworks, Crane and other companies.
They are all up and brought my portfolios in the black again.
We had a good time on our nine week trip to the Midwest. The weather was fantastic and we saw a lot of several states and were able to see some of my friends in Kansas, Illinois and Arkansas.
In Indiana we saw my cousin Waltraud and her family.
The new motorhome is fun to drive. The two previous motorhomes were kind of slow in the mountains. Going up the mountain I felt like helping the motor.
The new car runs good too. I finally got rid of the rattle in the front . I thought it was the plastic around the bumper and stuck foam in it. It did not help.
When we came back from our Thanksgiving outing I took the tow equipment off the car.
This time I did not put the pins back in the female receptacle on the car. I left them with the tow bar. The noise is gone now. The pins had enough play to rattle and I just could not find the problem.
I spent over $3,000.00 on tires in 2010. The motorhome, car and bicycle have new tires.
Now I have to take care of my back. My doctor sent me to a physical therapist and I had one session and will see her again on Monday.
I have to get better soon because I want to join my WIN friends in Quartzsite, Arizona, the last two weeks in January.
This picture was taking last year at the Spaghetti Factory in San Marcos, California. We were there with the Shanty Shakers, the Southern California chapter of the Escapees Camping Club.

No comments: