About Me

My photo
I am retired and like to travel by motor home across the United States and Canada. In the winter I hope to spend more time with my WIN (Wandering Individual Network) friends in the California and Arizona desert. I know my trip reports are having too many details, but I am writing them for myself, if anybody else enjoys them, that is fine too.

Sunday, May 8, 2011

Mother's Day 2011

5-8-11
We went today to Doreen’s son Reggie and his wife Leslie for Mother’s Day lunch. Her daughter Sandra was there too.












Doreen’s back is better now and we hope we can go on the road in the middle of June.
Right now I am involved with my friend Jean. She will be 88 years old next week.
The last two months she has been in and out of the hospital, and I saw her every day.
We thought she would not make it, but in the last week she has improved.
She is now again in the nursing home with a 24 hour care giver at her side.
She has nobody in California. Her only son lives in Chicago and comes every month for a few days to see her.
It is not easy to get old.

No comments: