About Me

My photo
I am retired and like to travel by motor home across the United States and Canada. In the winter I hope to spend more time with my WIN (Wandering Individual Network) friends in the California and Arizona desert. I know my trip reports are having too many details, but I am writing them for myself, if anybody else enjoys them, that is fine too.

Saturday, May 19, 2012

Wild West Fest 2012

The Leo Carrillo Ranch Historic Park in Carlsbad had their Wild West Fest today. There were Native American Dancers and pony rides for the children. Crafts and storytelling were also part of the festivities.

The ranch is a beautiful place for walking.It was Leo Carrillo's hideaway. It was a working ranch with 600 head of cattle. Some of his Hollywood friends came down to Carlsbad for riding and branding the animals. In two months the film series will start at the ranch.

No comments: