About Me

My photo
I am retired and like to travel by motor home across the United States and Canada. In the winter I hope to spend more time with my WIN (Wandering Individual Network) friends in the California and Arizona desert. I know my trip reports are having too many details, but I am writing them for myself, if anybody else enjoys them, that is fine too.

Tuesday, December 9, 2008

Convair Camping Club Christmas Luncheon 2008

12-7-08
When I came home the oranges on the orange tree were more orange than when we left.
A few more weeks and we can eat them.












The backyard also enjoyed the cooler temperatures and the rain Carlsbad had.

12-9-08
Today we had our annual Christmas Luncheon, at the Best Western Seven Seas Hotel, in San Diego.






The food was very good and Doreen and I enjoyed the company of the group.
Every couple received one raffle ticket. We won a quilted table runner. It is beautiful and took a lot of work to make it. I had my eyes on the box of See’s candies though.
Some people wanted to trade with me, but Doreen did not let me.
I can taste those fine candies without physically having them.
Darwin and Linda joined the club last month. When Dottie and Chappy arrived, Linda and Dottie got a surprise. They are friends and had not seen each other for twenty years.
Rich and Wanda were at the luncheon. We had not seen them for almost a year. They were working at a County Park in King City, in Northern California.

No comments: