Monday, July 20, 2009

Balboa Park

I am still not doing any traveling. Buying the new motor home ruined our schedule.
The solar panels are working now. The second panel is hooked up incorrectly.
Doreen's son came to the house and he played with it for a while.
We decided to bypass the diodes. As soon as I get together with the WIN's I copy the hook up from one of the members.
I had color coded all the wires from the controller to the batteries and solar panels, but did not do it for the panels, because it was so simple. It is not simple anymore.
I feel stupid. It worked on two motor homes and I could not get it right on the third one.
I removed the heavy TV and installed the LCD TV we had in the old motor home.
There was some wood work involved. I was able to match the wood around the TV very close with the cabinets.
The CB is now installed too. I had to remove the driver seat to get under the dash.
The driver door on the C class was very handy.
While I did this I also installed wires for the back up camera monitor. This is my next project.
On the 4th of August we have to go back to Corona to have the new shower door installed and the large corner molding on the back of the motorhome.
While the molding is off I can use this space for 12 volt wires for the camera. There is a light in the last storage bay and I can hook on to that.
Today we went to Imperial Beach for the US Open Sandcastle Competition. There was no parking available within five blocks of the beach. All the spaces along the streets and parking lots were taken. We went around several times but it was too early for somebody to leave.
Next year we will come real early and make sure we get a spot.
So we stopped at Balboa Park in San Diego, and went to the Reuben H. Fleet Science Center, to the Imax Theatre, to see " Wild California". It is a film about surfing, skydiving, snow boarding, climbing the Redwoods and other real California actions. The photography was fantastic.
Before the show we had walked in the park and also stopped at the Orchid Show.

On the way home we stopped at El Indio Mexican restaurant.
We met Ron Johnson and his wife and grandson there. I had not seen him for 14 years.
When we stood in line I was sure I knew that person, so I asked him whether he worked for Convair. He was a supervisor on the F&G line on the MD-11. Later on he moved to the advanced cruise missile. It was wonderful to see him again. We shared a table and talked about the past and about what we are doing now. He is a mail carrier now.

No comments: