About Me

My photo
I am retired and like to travel by motor home across the United States and Canada. In the winter I hope to spend more time with my WIN (Wandering Individual Network) friends in the California and Arizona desert. I know my trip reports are having too many details, but I am writing them for myself, if anybody else enjoys them, that is fine too.

Monday, April 19, 2010

April 2010 Outing

4-19-10
Our April outing with the Convair Camping Club, to Potrero County Park, was canceled.
Janice McKinnis and Craig were the hosts, but Janice had to go for hip bone surgery.
Jerrian and Jim Taber organized a restaurant outing to take the place of the Potrero campout.
We were to meet today at 11:15 AM at Coco’s restaurant, near the Kaiser hospital, in San Diego.
Doreen and I were early and asked the person in the restaurant for the room where the Convair campers were to meet.
We were informed that we did not have a room. The manager who took the reservation did not know that a group had booked the room until 3:00 PM, so much for their reservation system. We were told that they tried to call, but had no telephone number.
I asked whether they could give us a corner in the restaurant. The manager was not very interested.
When Jerrian and Jim arrived, it was decided to send somebody to the Black Angus restaurant and see whether they had room for 24 people.
They loved to have us. Everything worked out fine. The food was good and we had a good time.


No comments: