About Me

My photo
I am retired and like to travel by motor home across the United States and Canada. In the winter I hope to spend more time with my WIN (Wandering Individual Network) friends in the California and Arizona desert. I know my trip reports are having too many details, but I am writing them for myself, if anybody else enjoys them, that is fine too.

Tuesday, October 4, 2011

San Diego Botanic Garden 2011

10-4-11
Winter has arrived. We had our first rain storm today. It did not rain much, just enough to make a mess.
We went to the San Diego Botanic Garden in Encinitas anyway.
The first Tuesday of the month admission is free. Of course, there were a lot of people. We are not the only cheap skates.
While we walked around the weather was holding up.
The Botanic Garden has a lot new sculptures. They are for sale and have a hefty price tag. The one with vegetation on them are permanent and not for sale.
When we left it started to rain. I gave Doreen the umbrella and ran to open the car. I had the key for my car, and we had Doreen’s car. The Saturns are almost the same color. I got wet.
We went to the Chin’s Chinese restaurant for lunch. They had sent out coupons for two lunches and we had to pay only for one.
The lunch was very good and I dried out.











No comments: