Friday, January 25, 2013

Quartzsite 2013 (2)

It rained last night and it was cloudy most of the day. Unfortunately we had our annual garage sale and ice-cream social today.
Other singles clubs were invited. Members from Singles International, the Solos, and the Loners on Wheels came.
Some of the WIN ladies wore their funny hats.

There was plenty of ice cream and baked goods.

There was also a 50/50 raffle. Three $ 100.00 prices were given, plus some bags with smaller prices.
$ 300.00 went into the fund for the 2013 dance rally. There was no dance rally last year.
This year all singles will be invited. The rally will be in the Southern Arizona area.

Even with the sun hiding we had a good time.

This is the map for the summer trip. The tour will start in Wyoming and ends at Borrego Springs for Thanksgiving.
I hope I can get my stuff together and participate on this tour.

This afternoon I spent three hours at the Quartzsite Fire Department for a CPR class.
We learned to help people who suffer a heart attack or have a stroke. Time is very important and every minute counts.
Fifteen of the WINs attended the seminar.

We got back to the camping area just in time for the circle meeting. At the end of the meeting it started to rain.
This gave me a chance to finish my Christmas mail. Normally I start the Christmas mail right after Thanksgiving,
But this time I did not feel like it.

It rained all night and today until 3:00 PM.
Early morning I went to the library. Since it was closed I tried to get my E mail from the outside, but they shut the system
off when they are not there.
I thought with this weather it would be a good idea to go to the big tent. I could not find any parking on Kuehn Road and
kept on driving to the south side of town to visit Darlene and Larry. They were not home. On the way back to the motorhome
I tried one more time to park near the big tent. I found a spot near the main entrance. There were not many people
wandering around in the tent. I talked to several vendors and bought a LED bulb for the porch light and a leather bill fold.
Most of the vendors in the outside small tents were not open for business. That was the same in the flea market area.
Because of the rain they did not do so well.
We had a 4:00 PM circle meeting though. Not many people came. I did not start a camp fire.
Les came to my motorhome at 6:30 PM and wanted to have a campfire. I invited him in while I tried to get the TV going.
I had turned on the generator and wanted to broil some chicken breasts in the toaster oven and charge the batteries.
When I turned on the generator and went from 120volts from the inverter to 120 volts from the generator the TV went off.
It took me a while to fix the problem. One of the surge protectors had to be turned on again.
Les left and I did my cooking in the warm motorhome and watched the Lawrence Welk Show, As Time Goes By, and even Keeping Up Appearances.

The sun was out today. A group left at 10:00 AM for the Desert Bar. I went to the shopping area near the big tent and bought some work gloves.
This is the last day the big tent is open.
Young people with an old bus and a Volkswagen Bus on top were making jewelry and other articles.

After the 4:00 PM circle meeting we finished off the ice cream. We had another beautiful desert sunset.

I started a camp fire but only three people showed up. I think most of the group were tired from dancing at the Desert Bar and running around.

A large group went four wheeling to the secret General Patton Camp. I stayed at home. I am glad I did. Ron King and George also stayed at
the camping area. I joined them and we had a lively conversation. In the process Ron showed me how to put coordinates in my GPS.
George told me that he will go to the Emerald Cove RV Resort after the Quartzsite outing. He belongs to RPI. I remembered that Frank and Rhonda
had given me several Family Passes for RPI.
The resort is near Earp, California, where we will go from here. I called RPI and made reservations for Thursday. There I can empty the
holding tanks and fill up the fresh water tank, and maybe get propane. The cost per day, with the pass, is $ 15.00. It would have cost me that
much for dumping and water.
The weather turned nasty in the afternoon. A cold wind came through and the temperature dropped.
Here is a picture of Quartzsite from the air.

The highlight of the day was the Kerry Christensen Show. Kerry looked good. He lost 35 pounds and sings better than ever.
While he lost weight I gained.

This is our last day at Quartzsite. A lot of people left already.
We had a good outing. The unusual weather did not keep us from having fun. We were 105 people in about 98 motorhomes and trailers.
We also gained eight new members. They liked what they saw and what we were doing and joined the group.
The dance rally committee is still negotiating with the city to have the rally at the QIA, the large hall in Quartzsite. They have a large dining room and a
big kitchen.
One of our members is in the hospital in Parker. Three people are going to bring his motorhome and car to our new location.
The third person will bring them back in his car, so they can move their motorhomes and cars. Sally is taking care of his dog.

1 comment:

Barbara and Ron said...

Christmas mail?!? Is that for last Christmas? Boy, I thought I was a procrastinator.