About Me

My photo
I am retired and like to travel by motor home across the United States and Canada. In the winter I hope to spend more time with my WIN (Wandering Individual Network) friends in the California and Arizona desert. I know my trip reports are having too many details, but I am writing them for myself, if anybody else enjoys them, that is fine too.

Saturday, September 10, 2011

Greek Festival 2011

9-10-11
Today we attended the Greek Festival, in Cardiff, at the Sts. Constantine and Helen Greek Orthodox Church.













There was plenty of Greek food and Greek wine and other beverages. The tent was filled to capacity.
People were eating and watching the dancers.














There was also an area for the children.












We took the church tour. The pictures inside the church are made with mosaics. It is regarded as one of the finest works of Byzantine art in the world.















The architect, who designed the the church, explained how he designed the 30 foot diameter dome. The dome is a golden dome and highly visible.

No comments: