About Me

My photo
I am retired and like to travel by motor home across the United States and Canada. In the winter I hope to spend more time with my WIN (Wandering Individual Network) friends in the California and Arizona desert. I know my trip reports are having too many details, but I am writing them for myself, if anybody else enjoys them, that is fine too.

Sunday, September 25, 2011

Harbor Days 2011 and Carlsbad Art Splash

9-25-11
In the morning we went to Oceanside where they had Harbor Days.
There were many booths where vendors sold everything from popcorn to insurance.
Oceanside is a military town and the marines had a display of some of their vehicles.
It was fun for the kids climbing on the Humvees.





















Those three strange guys walked around.











On the way home we stopped at the Carlsbad Art Splash. Artists use chalk for painting pictures on the street. There were more booths selling stuff.
The sun had come out by now and it was warm.



















The weatherman from one of our TV stations was there with his band.

1 comment:

Barbara and Ron said...

I love the artwork. It's a little depressing to think they'll be washed away in the next rain, though.