About Me

My photo
I am retired and like to travel by motor home across the United States and Canada. In the winter I hope to spend more time with my WIN (Wandering Individual Network) friends in the California and Arizona desert. I know my trip reports are having too many details, but I am writing them for myself, if anybody else enjoys them, that is fine too.

Monday, September 3, 2012

Labor Day 2012

8-31-12
I am at Red Beach in Camp Pendleton, the Marine Corps Base, for the long weekend. The game warden opened the beach at noon..
Chappy and Dottie are here too. They are still at the middle beach. I had gone for a walk on the beach and found a group of Shanty Shakers on the south beach. The Shanty Shakers are the Southern California chapter of the Escapee Camping Club.
I told them that we would join them. When I came back and talked to Chappy he told me that Dottie was taking a nap and he did not feel like waking her up. I moved the motorhome and the car to the south beach and had Happy Hour with the group.
Later, when I called Chappy he told me that Dottie does not feel good and they will move tomorrow morning.
I am alone here. Doreen has to stay home and take care of her new puppy. The dog will not poop or pee when Doreen takes her for a walk. Missy waits until she gets home and does it on paper pads in the laundry room or the enclosed porch.
Sometimes she misses the pads.
I did not want a dog as long as we do big trips, but Doreen has been obsessed for the last few years with getting a dog. I asked her many times to wait until we do not take big trips anymore. My right knee hurts when I drive more than an hour, so the big trips will stop soon.
She could not wait.
I am not a happy camper.


9-1-12
Early morning I went for a long walk on the beach. One can walk for miles at the Marine Base.


Chappy and Dottie arrived at the south beach at about 9:00 AM.
The weather is really nice. There is a breeze and this keeps the temperature down.
This was an easy day. We sat around; some members of the group had just come back from a three month trip to Alaska, and told us about their adventure.
In the afternoon I took another walk. This is a big beach with very few people around.

9-2-12
It got cool last night. When I woke up it was 54 degrees F. in the motorhome. Tonight I have to wear warmer pajamas.
This is the view from my front window.


After my morning walk I joined some of the group in front of our motorhomes.


Doreen and her little dog visited us at 1:00 PM. She stayed only for a short while.
We had Happy Hour at 4:00 PM and a pot luck dinner at 5:30 PM.


We could not have asked for any better weather. It will be warmer when we get away from the beach.

9-3-12
This was a wonderful outing. Unfortunately I was feeling hurt and sad. Life goes on; there will be better days ahead.

No comments: