About Me

My photo
I am retired and like to travel by motor home across the United States and Canada. In the winter I hope to spend more time with my WIN (Wandering Individual Network) friends in the California and Arizona desert. I know my trip reports are having too many details, but I am writing them for myself, if anybody else enjoys them, that is fine too.

Tuesday, September 25, 2012

Torrey Pines State Reserve 2012

9-25-12
I went today to one of my favorite places in San Diego. It is the first time I visited the Torrey Pines State Reserve alone.
The Torrey pine is the rarest native pine tree in the Americas, growing naturally only at the State Reserve and on Santa Rosa Island.


I walked on one of the trails to the overlook.


Pelicans came flying by.


The coast is very beautiful here.


The lodge is now a museum where I saw a movie about the reserve.


Since the lodge is located on a high bluff one has a good view of the valley below


No comments: