About Me

My photo
I am retired and like to travel by motor home across the United States and Canada. In the winter I hope to spend more time with my WIN (Wandering Individual Network) friends in the California and Arizona desert. I know my trip reports are having too many details, but I am writing them for myself, if anybody else enjoys them, that is fine too.

Saturday, September 29, 2012

Oceanside Harbor Days 2012

9-29-12
Instead of walking this morning I went to the Oceanside harbor and got my exercise there.
This weekend is Harbor Days.


Because of the Marine Corps Base there is a strong military presence in Oceanside.
The Navy has one of their large hovercrafts on display. I would have liked to see it running in the ocean.


The Marines have some of their vehicles parked on the beach.


And of course there are booth selling a lot of stuff.


The Oceanside fire department is flying a giant flag.


Pirates are also present.


1 comment:

Jeanette said...

Had a busy weekend and didn't make it to the Harbor. Thank you for sharing your photos.