About Me

My photo
I am retired and like to travel by motor home across the United States and Canada. In the winter I hope to spend more time with my WIN (Wandering Individual Network) friends in the California and Arizona desert. I know my trip reports are having too many details, but I am writing them for myself, if anybody else enjoys them, that is fine too.

Thursday, March 19, 2009

Guajome Outing

3-16-09
It is a short distance for us to go to Guajome County Park. It took us only 20 minutes.
We are the hosts for this outing. Chappy and Dottie are our co hosts.
We arrived at the park a few minutes after 12:00 noon.











At 4:00 PM we had Happy Hour and at 5:00 PM heavy hors d’oeuvres. The food ranged from deviled eggs to egg rolls, taquitos and filled potatoes. Nobody did leave hungry.
After eating we sat around the camp fire. I stayed close to Denise, she has the best and funny stories.

3-17-09
About 8:00 AM some of the group came to sit around the camp fire. I had started the fire because it is cool in the morning. During the day it is warm and at night cool. This creates a lot of moisture and everything left outside gets wet.
Doreen and Dottie left at 10:00 AM for Steinmart. The Carlsbad store is closing and is having a big sale.
I started the evening meal. I sliced 14 pounds of corned beef and put it in a turkey broiler, for keeping warm.
Chappy and I set up the tables for feeding 22 people and for serving the food.
After the 4:00 PM meeting I started cooking the potatoes and carrots. After they were done, I cooked the cabbage. The potatoes and carrots were kept warm in another turkey broiler.













At 5:30 PM we had a typical Irish meal. Linda surprised us with having green hair.













After dinner we had another big fire. Since it was really warm today we had a pleasant evening.












3-18-09
This morning Chappy, Dottie, Doreen and I went to the game warden at, Camp Pendleton, to get our yearly permit to camp at Red Beach.
The rest of the day we took it easy. Dinner was corned beef sandwiches. There were only a few slices left of the 14 pounds of meat I had bought. Next year I better buy a pound more.
Dessert was peach cobbler and ice cream, and brownies.
We had another big camp fire.

3-19-09
We left for home early in the morning to get ready for the Blue Grass Festival in Temecula.

No comments: