About Me

My photo
I am retired and like to travel by motor home across the United States and Canada. In the winter I hope to spend more time with my WIN (Wandering Individual Network) friends in the California and Arizona desert. I know my trip reports are having too many details, but I am writing them for myself, if anybody else enjoys them, that is fine too.

Friday, February 12, 2010

Griffith Park and Farmers Market

2-11-10
We left Carlsbad at 8:30 AM and arrived at the Santa Ana Elks Lodge about 10:00 AM.
After setting up the motorhome we took a little rest and then had lunch.
After lunch we headed for Griffith Park and the Griffith Observatory. From the Observatory one can see the Hollywood sign.













The James Dean monument is there too.












While we were there a photographer took pictures of some kind of models.












On a clear day down town Los Angeles can be seen. Today it was hazy.














After visiting the observatory and checking out the displays, we left and drove to the Farmers Market.
When we lived in Los Alamitos, while I was working for McDonnel Douglas/Boeing, we did a lot of sightseeing in Los Angeles and surrounding areas.
The Farmers Market has changed a lot. We had Chinese food. There are all kind of outdoor restaurants, from many different countries.















Next to the old market is "The Grove", a fancy shopping mall, with expensive stores, and nice restaurants. They even have a trolley.




No comments: