About Me

My photo
I am retired and like to travel by motor home across the United States and Canada. In the winter I hope to spend more time with my WIN (Wandering Individual Network) friends in the California and Arizona desert. I know my trip reports are having too many details, but I am writing them for myself, if anybody else enjoys them, that is fine too.

Monday, February 15, 2010

Olvera Street, Union Station and visiting friends.

2-14-10
Olvera Street is the oldest street in Los Angeles and Avila Adobe is the oldest house.













In front of the church were ladies selling flowers and candles for the church service. People were standing outside the door because there was no more room inside the church. Some people were praying outside along the wall of the church.












I took Doreen for Valentine Day to Olvera Street for a Mexican lunch. One gets the feeling to be in Mexico.













We took a short walk to the Union Station. This is a large railroad station. Trains are still leaving and arriving there. The ceiling of the waiting room is very beautiful.














In the afternoon we visited our former landlady in Los Alamitos. We loved it there. We became friends with Elisabeth and stayed in touch.
From there we visited Bobbie, a lady Doreen befriended while we lived in Los Alamitos.
The display in our front window gets bigger.

No comments: